Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizza

You know...when you make spaghetti and make WAAAAYYYYY too much? I do that with my crock pot recipes. Mainly shredded BBQ chicken. It's so easy and my family loves it so much. You'd think I'd freeze some, but I never do and I always have way too much. I've started making BBQ chicken pizza the day after every batch of chicken I cook up. I think I look forward to the pizza now more than the chicken itself.

Here's the recipe -

Pizza Dough (I buy a ball of it from my local grocery store bakery)
Olive Oil
BBQ Sauce
Shredded BBQ Chicken
Red Onion - Thinly Sliced
Smoked Gouda or Mozzarella Cheese
BBQ seasoning
Cilantro - Chopped

Now...pizza toppings vary by taste, hence the lack of measurements.

Preheat your oven to 500° and place pizza stone (if you have one) in the middle rack.

Roll or toss your dough into a circle. If you don't have a stone, you can place the dough onto a pizza pan slicked with olive oil.

Take your favorite BBQ sauce and use the back of a spoon to smear it around onto the dough.



Take your shredded chicken and glop it onto the dough in bite sized amounts. Then place the onion all around too.



For the cheese choice...I adore this pizza with smoked gouda, however if you want something a bit less bold you can try mozzarella. Here,  I use fresh mozzarella because I had some left over from a dinner earlier in the week. Once it is all over the pizza take the BBQ seasoning and sprinkle it over the top...once again all of this is to taste.



It looks so pretty!

Place it into the oven. If you are using a stone, then slide the pizza onto it using a wide spatula (or two). Stay close because we are using high heat here! After about 5 minutes open the oven and rotate it. Keep an eye on it after this...it won't be too much longer. Once it looks melty and bubbly and the outside crust resembles a pizza you would order then it is done!!

Sprinkle the cilantro over the pizza and slice it up!

 


I am getting hungry just thinking about it....off to lunch.....*nom nom nom*





No comments:

Post a Comment