Thursday, March 6, 2014

Irish Slutty Brownies

Irish Slutty Brownies, or as I like to sometimes call them, Irish Sluts, are something that I can up with a couple of years ago. I don't remember how or why. I usually think of this kind of thing because I have some sort of treat in the house that we won't eat as a stand alone. Maybe I had mint Oreos? I don't know....

Anywho...here we go...on our way to deliciousness....

Ingredients:

1 pkg Mint Oreos
1 pkg Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
1 pkg Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
1 pkg Mint M&Ms
3 Eggs
Vegetable Oil
Water
Whipped Cream (optional)
Festive Sprinkles (optional)

I didn't add the amount of water or vegetable oil, because depending on what brand of mixes you buy it may vary slightly. If you have about a cup of the oil in your pantry, you should be good.

Now, just like the original slutty brownies, things will be healthier and taste better if you made everything from scratch....feel free. I'm taking the shortcut to the yummy stuff.

Preheat your oven to 350°.

Start by mixing the cookies up in a medium sized bowl. Follow the instruction the back of the box for the mix. This will be your bottom layer of the bar. Once it is mixed up, spread it into a greased 9x9 bar pan. I used a shallower 9x11 pan here, but I would use a deeper 9x9 next time...the bars were a bit over capacity, as it were.




Now open your Oreos...you may eat one. You'll have some extras. Now pop them onto the cookie mix. You might want to avoid using the broken ones. It doesn't really matter, however I found that spreading the brownie mix became a pain when the pieces of Oreos were coming up as I spread.



Once the Oreos are nuzzled in there, you can start mixing your brownies up. Again, follow the packaging. I found that the dark chocolate ones taste best with the mint, but I suppose you could use whatever flavor you'd like.




Once the brownie batter is ready, go ahead and pour it in over the Oreos. Take your minty M&Ms and sprinkle them on top of your brownie batter.


Place them into your pre-heated oven and bake them for about 35 minutes. This should leave the brownie mix gooey and fudgy. If you like your brownies a bit more done, I'd check them at 35 and maybe add a bit more time. Once done, let them cool quite a bit before cutting into them. It can be a messy mess, if you don't!




Garnish them with some whipped cream, or go ahead and make a brownie sundae out of them! Beware, they are VERY rich....and yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment